Holy schnikey. It’s New Year’s Eve of 2013. I think the only thing that could really sum up how I’m processing this is a quote by the impeccable Dr. Suess:
How did it get so late so soon? It’s night before it’s afternoon. December is here before it’s June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?
Well put, Suessmiester. I’m no fan of dwelling on the past, but it’s definitely important to take a glance back occasionally to see how far you’ve come and how far you still have to go, to judge what goals you did and didn’t accomplish, and to prepare oneself for the next years to come.
This last March, I launched this blog and it’s been one helluva ride. With the original intentions of it being a place for intern and resume advice, I’ve only posted a few articles that were specifically related to internships. It morphed into almost a daily diary of my intern duties, then into just random daily doings, and more recently, into a media and entertainment reviews. I guess I’m doing my blog name justice.
Essentially, absolute chaos. So without further adieu, here are the top ten posts from The Rambling Queen in 2013!
- Say It Loud, and Go From There: Grey’s Anatomy Season 10 Midseason Finale – By far the most visited post on my blog, and I wrote it only two weeks ago! Instead of blabbering my inecessant opinions DURING the midseason finale (much to my roommates’ dismay), I wrote every single thought down (and holy Grey, do I have a lot during the show). The biggest surprise? People apparently enjoy my random string of annoying and never-ending opinions.
- The Interviewing Queen: Linda Gaunt Communications PR Coordinator Ariana Voyer – What started as an assignment for my internship class became one of my favorite posts to do – while I was interning with Linda Gaunt Communications, I had the amaze-balls opportunity to pick the brain of one of the best mentors I’ve had. Ariana was an incredible friend and resource while I was trying to soak up every last bit of advice and intern tips that I could!
- The Verdict of Trayvon Martin and the Flood that Followed – New York City doesn’t just have extremely good-looking Wall Street suits and the most adorable interracial-gay-couples you could ever see, but is also home to some of the most passionate people you will ever come face-to-face with. One night while unwinding (read: marathon watching Keeping Up With the Kardashians), I heard crowds and crowds of people shouting, singing, marching – from my room on the 17th floor. Curiosity may have killed the cat, but for me, it gave me the lively streets of NYC.
- From PDX to JFK: Bring on NYFW! – Even though my summer at Linda Gaunt Communications was over, my time with them was far from it! Almost one month to the day of leaving the gorgeous NYC, I flew back to the Big Apple to work behind-the-scenes for New York Fashion Week on various shows.
- Nice to See You, Autumn – My first (and only, so far!) fashion-related post. I think the only reason it got so many hits was because I “pinned” the photos that I used directly back to my Pinterest! So thanks, Pinners.
- Intern Lessons from Lauren Conrad – Probably my favorite post out of all of them, not just because I have a mild (read: strong) obsession with Lauren Conrad, but because this is the kind of advice I was looking for before I started my internship with LGC. Plus, as much as I love LC, she was a terribly horrific intern, and there were just wayy too many lessons we could learn from every mistake of hers.
- Strike a Pose: Behind the Scenes at a Photoshoot – One of the coolest perks from my internship with LGC was getting to see the behind-the-scenes of almost everything celebrity-related. From La Canadienne shoe shipments for Emma Watson to sample Stila makeup products for Seventeen Magazine, I felt so Raven, predicting the future. (Get it?) Kinda. One of the longest days was when I assisted on a photoshoot for one of our clients, Maggy Frances, in Brooklyn.
- Thursday Things #3 – Just one of the weekly posts about the things that cloud my memory and judgement every week, but for some reason, this one is most popular. I talk a lot about cats? Maybe that’s it.
- Six Things You NEED to Know About Queen Bey’s Secret Album – Sasha Fierce shocked the world and sent Queen Bey fans (AKA EVERYONE WITH A BEATING HEART) into a frenzy when she surprise-released her latest album on her Facebook page, Twitter, and Instagram. Only the Queen could successfully release and DOMINATE charts with an album no one could see coming.
- Play-by-Play of a PR Intern’s Day – I took a page from my dear friend and fellow intern Dakota’s blog and detailed what a typical day looked like while I was interning for LGC. From the struggle to wake up in the morning to when I finally turned off the computers and passed out in the elevators, each task is there.