Last week, I abandoned my regular “Thursday Things” post in return for a feast fit for Kate Middleton. I knew I would come to regret my rash decision, but at the time, turkey and sweet potato mashed potatoes and twice baked potatoes and pomegranate seeds and absolutely nothing relatively good for my health beckoned me – the call was too strong. I couldn’t resist.
If it makes things any better, my mind bounced between “that-was-the-single-best-meal-of-my-life-I’m-dying” to “oh-my-god-I-just-ate-all-the-meals-of-my-life-at-the-same-time-I’m-dying”, essentially feeling like I would die pretty soon after. I’m thankful for Thanksgiving for many reasons, but mostly that it only happens once a year.
As a way to cover lost ground, I thought I would double the amount of normal content I put up for my Thursday Things, because I have two whole weeks of things I NEED to chat about, and you know me… I’m a chatter.
Let’s start things off with a bang, shall we?
- This newscast from a small town in North Dakota just had the single-most AWESOME nightly news segment they will ever have in their entire history, because the legendary Ron Burgundy – yup, Will Ferrell’s character from Anchorman and the almost released Anchorman 2 – stopped by to help deliver the news that night. Stay classy, North Dakota.
- This skirt that one of my favorite bloggers, Alyssa from The Glossy Life, donned for one of her holiday parties. Seriously, perfection. Love the printed top paired with it as well!
- The fact that Sophia Bush should essentially run for President, like, NOW, after declaring war on Urban Outfitters. “But why, Sophia?!” You ask, “I love Urban Outfitters!” You won’t anymore after reading this article. Don’t you think she would be both a trendy and fair ruler?
- These 35 things that happened that prove the world can be both a hilarious and amazing place, if you just look in the right places – or even better, if you make it happen yourself.
- This “Finals Week, as Told By Zach Galifinakas and Will Ferrell,” will actually make you pee your pants. Literally. Not only because of its accuracy but because I seriously love Will Ferrell. Who doesn’t?!
- The news of Paul Walker’s passing last weekend… almost no words to be had. An incredible actor, loved and remembered by many. Read about his tragic accident here.
- These old fashioned dating habits that should most definitely be made popular again, because not only are they all AWESOME, but are gender-neutral and don’t rely on either of the sexes to pick up the slack entirely! I’m for sure bringing flowers to my next date. He better watch out.
- These children who have an (almost) entirely accurate idea of what marriage is like, how to keep marriage strong, and their rules for when to kiss someone. Bless their tiny little souls.
- This undeniably strong proof that the cast of Hunger Games is the exact same as the cast of Spongebob Squarepants. Simply irrefutable evidence, sound research.
- And to end this ginormous list with a beautiful exit, here are some simply cheek-pinchingly adorable photos of our favorite elf, Orlando Bloom, and his elfian son, playing with toy swords. #dying
If you can’t already tell, I have a slight and unhealthy addiction to BuzzFeed. Sorry, not sorry.